Sunday, February 1, 2009

Happy Birthday Everyone!! 人日快乐!!

Happy Birthday everyone! 人日快乐!! Haha..yep, so fast it's already the 7th day of the Chinese New Year already. The above picture was taken yesterday during my visit to Bee's house to 拜年. The one below was taken during my visit to Quek's house during 2nd day of new year in the evening.

The best thing that happened during new year was on when I found out on 初四 that my mom's nosebleed was due just to inflammation and not cancer! On that day, my brother drove me, my mom and my sis to the hospital around 3.30 pm and we were all on edge while waiting for the doctor to see us. Can you imagine our relief when the doctor told us that the test results were negative! I really felt like jumping up in joy! And since the doc spoke to us in English, I immediately translated and told my mom everything was ok. After that on the way home, I also smsed my friends (those few I told at least) and my aunties that everything was well.

This incident really reinforces to me that no matter how important you may feel your career is and how busy you may be outside, it's always important to treasure your family (no matter how frustrating they may be sometimes). That's also one of the reasons I changed my job, bc I found I was spending way too much time at work and not enough time at home and for myself too..granted that I don't spend the whole time at home talking to my parents but I guess that by being at home, they will feel that they can talk to you anytime as well. :)

Well, it's back to work tomorrow and there will be a dry spell of no holidays for quite a while..Argh!! Going to be super busy this year bc of the economic downturn so may not be able to update my blog for a while. However, will still try to make time (and all of you out there also) to take care of myself and relax while I can! That's why recently finally joined the Pet Society in Facebook haha..although I dunno whether it will cause me more stress when I try to earn as much money as I can so that I can buy my pet Meatball lots of furniture and stuff..haha..

So those facebook friends out there who are joining Pet Society, remember to add me so I can earn more money everyday k? This woman bit 走火入魔 already bwahahah...

No comments: