Sunday, April 27, 2008

Dancing for U Launch? :P

Got an email that I was supposed to help out during one of our May Day event, the official launch of our new U logo. Apart from this, I was also supposed to help out in our May Day Model Worker (MDMW) Award ceremony. I heard from my colleagues that May is our busiest month of "ECAs".

To my horror, I was asked to help out in a dance sequence for the event. Aiyoh, I can't dance to save my life le..how? I didn't want to withdraw without any good reason so thought of going to the 1st rehearsal to see what they had in store. So on 22 April, I went for the rehearsal at 7 pm together with a few of my colleagues. It was really bad, we had to wait for 1 hr for the cherographer to arrive and we were supposed to do line dancing!! After rehearsing til 10+ pm that night, I felt that I really could not make it. All the spinning made me giddy and I couldn't follow the steps at all - most importantly, we had only 2 more rehearsals before performance! We were supposed to do it on a road in front of the new EHub at Downtown East which wld be closed down for that morning.

In the end, I decided to ask to change my role for that day so I emailed to the OIC. After a lot of ding-donging and chasing them for their reply (which the overall OIC expressed her disappointment that I wanted to withdraw and didn't want to make an effort - which I felt quite sad that people would think that way), I finally helped out in the cheerleading portion of the event. It was easier bc we just had run out of a corner of the road and blow whistles while jumping around and cheering (I know it's lame) haha..

I got sunburnt only after 1 rehearsal nd I think a lot of people were unhappy with the logistical arrangements. All of us were asked to turn up around 7.30 am in Pasir Ris but we spent a lot of time waiting and the drinking water even ran out at one time..

On the actual day of the launch, I found that they didnt have my t-shirt size (even though they asked us previously) and I had to squeeze into a small "L" size lor (I hated it). :( In the end, we finally managed to pull off everything in front of the huge crowd and I had to go and get caught on camera and saw myself featured in the news at night. Luckily it was just a quick glimpse of me only..phew..

In conclusion, it was an eventful event which had a lot of hiccups. I hope I won't kanna something similar again even though I don't mind helping out in other stuff..

No comments: