Ok, I've not been updating my blog for the longest time as I was celebrating Xmas then clearing my work. :) Anyway, just wanted to share my experience while going to Orchard Road Takashimaya for my steamboat dinner celebration on Christmas Eve. I can tell you now that no sane person (or at least those who hate crowds) should ever go to Orchard Road on Christmas eve or even New Year eve. :P
There were SOOOOOO..many people there when I stepped out of Orchard MRT that I had to inch along like a snail to get to Taka. Worse of all, when I managed to squeeze to the LV at Taka, the security guards had put rails to bar people from going in because they said there were too many people there! I had to inch back to Wisma to try to find my way to Taka using the underpass. Imagine how I felt lugging 2 big bags of presents walking to and fro and again squeezing with all the people who chose to go there to "experience" the festive season? Definitely my spirits weren't in a ho ho ho state.. :P
By the time I reached Coca Steamboat, I was sweating like mad and not in the best of moods (to say it lightly..), however, soon started to feel better after that (the company and food did help :)
In conclusion, we ended up exchanging our gifts in my friend Aiwah's house (another long story of taking cab there bc there was no other place open or not crowded) and trying to keep our voices down in order not to disturb her parents as it was 12+ am when we reached. Thanks Aiwah for offering your house to us that night! ;) So in future, remind me never to go Orchard Rd on Christmas or New Year eve! haha..even though the lights can be very pretty as seen.

No comments:
Post a Comment