Thursday, January 24, 2008

1st week of work

My first day of work was on 14 Jan 08. With some apprehension and excitement, I met up with HR who brought me to my dept after some brief intro to the organisation. When I reached there, most of the people were rushing for a meeting for a retreat which was on that week and I was just asked to leave my bag somewhere and follow them to the meeting. Of course, the whole meeting I dunno what they were talking abt, just listen lor. :P

Anyway, I felt that it was a long week for me bc:
1) I hv 65 colleagues - so many I think I'll probably take months to know
2) I had nothing much to do except surf the inforoom and follow my buddy (who is a super workaholic) around for meetings
3) I had no lunch kaki bc everyone usually disappears during lunchtime

Only thing I could look forward to was to attend Jay's concert that weekend, 19 Jan. Sigh...did I make the wrong choice by moving?

2 comments:

Chunnie said...

dun say tat.. this is quite normal. i rem tat was how i felt when i first joined EDB. the apprehension is always there. taking the first step to know ur collies is always not easy but once u do that, i m sure they will respond well to u. and sometimes u can enjoy the "alone" moments.. like taking a walk ard raffles place during lunch time, going to the gym for a short workout, or going to the second hand bookstores to borrow books! and not forgetting ur ex-collies, who will be more than happy to meet u. keep ur spirits up! this is a normal phase tat u have to get over and all will be fine. trust me k? :)

YlimE said...

Agree all the way with Ms Chunnie. Just happened to be reading your entry about your 1st week too. It's always like that starting in a new place. Don't worry. Take your time to settle in. It won't be long before you decide which group you would like to join for lunch. And then all you need to do is to pop the question and voila! you will be part of a regular lunch group in no time. In the meantime, can lunch with Li May?