I had my farewell lunch together with Siew Kiang with all HRians on 4 Jan 08 (last official day in EDB) at Waraku Marina Square. I think we were a waitress's nightmare as she had to take orders from 20 of us and each of us decided to eat different stuff. :P The table was very long and we got to seat on tatami styled seats (luckily there were holes in the floor for our legs) :)
From the 1st pic, can see that my lunch was yummy (and very filling). While waiting for our food, the group decided to give me and Siew Kiang our farewell gift, it was really a surprise to get a beautiful scrapbook with a page contribution by each person as well as a giant card. =) Of course, I knew that the group was doing something for us because they were acting secretive and when I walked to Zheng Min's table to see why they were gathering there, Lei Suan asked me why I went there while the rest were whispering away (haha..you can see they not very good at hiding stuff) ;)
I was very touched when I glimpsed through the scrapbook and the card, esp Wendy's sentence about seeing me on my 1st day and how she introduced herself. Made me really think of all the memories I have there, the friends I will be leaving behind.. Of course after Siew Kiang sort of made her farewell speech, it was my turn and I only managed to say thanks before yes, breaking down and needing tissue. :P
The only credit I can give myself is that I didn't cry out loud or bawl but ya couldn't continue talking lor.. I think those who know me will understand how I felt and know that I appreciate all that they have done for me. :)
In the evening of my last day, See Yun, Shirlyn and Ming Ming still accompanied me to dinner before I rushed off to Cameron Highlands for my short 3 day 2 night holidays. However, they soon saw me again on the following Wed and Thur because I still went back to office (unofficially) to clear my work haha.. Now that I'm starting work on Mon 14 Jan, can't say I'm not excited or apprehensive about a brand new environment, boss, Mgt, having to make new friends etc but I hope that I can get used to the culture at NTUC soon. :) Definitely going to keep in touch with all my old friends though, only hope they don't get bored of seeing me again so soon after I have left. ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment