Saturday, January 17, 2009

Factory sales factory sales here I come!



Got a link to this really useful blog:
http://tualobang.blogspot.com from Iris (my colleague). I came across a Bengawan Solo factory sale that was happening just near my house in Woodlands so thought of going there to check it out. In addition, I also saw a banner near my house recently for a Bee Cheng Hiang (美珍香) factory sale in Senoko too and was contemplating which one to go to.

I mentioned this to Lay Kheng while we were having dinner on Fri and she gamely said she would accompany me to Bengawan as she was previously working in that area and knew the area better than me.

So to make the long story short, me and Lay Kheng went to both factory sales in the end. The Bengawan Solo one was not that fantastic bc the discounts were not a lot, abt 10% so I decided to check out the Bee Cheng Hiang one after that. I felt the discounts there were better bc the offers were more. E.g. their bak kwa had about $4discount per kg.

For both places, we took buses 964 & 169 from Woodlands interchange, went back there and changed bus again, but we realised both places travelled along the same road in the beginning, could hv changed bus halfway haha..As usual, I bought so much stuff Lay Kheng had to help me carry 2 big bags (total 4 bags) back to Woodlands (so pai seh) and I took a cab home from Woodlands after that haha..Hmm, so really wonder whether I saved $ by going to factory sale or spent more money bc I felt the offers were good...haha.. overall, felt it was a nice experience, long time never go this kind of sale liao.

For those of you interested, both sales are on until 24 Jan. You can find details (and print out $2 voucher for Bengawan Solo) from the Tualobang.blogspot website while the details for Bee Cheng Hiang factory sale are given below. :)

Bee Cheng Hiang 美珍香 factory sales from now til 24 Jan (9am to 9 pm daily) Location: 6 Senoko South Road, Tel: 67590988.
How to go: Take SMRT bus: 169 from Woodlands Bus Interchange and stop at the bus stop after Tee Yih Jia Food Manufacturing.
Walk back against traffic and Cross traffic light junction, and walk towards the Sumitomo Bakelite factory, you will find the Bee Cheng Hiang
sale under a red and white tentage opposite the road a few factories away. The name of the factory is called : Chop Hup Chong Food Industries Pte Ltd.

Products: Meat Floss, Bak Kwa, floss products, prawn & meat floss rolls, new year cookies, cuttlefish all at discounted prices.

No comments: