Hi folks,
Now on to my new job. It's been 2 months since I started work already and now I'm starting to get busy lor.. The job here is really different from what I did previously in HR. Hmm, maybe can say it's an operations type of job? I'm currently under the Redeployment team - ie. taking care of retrenched workers and redeployment also. So far have been to 1 company retrenchment where we brief the staff that we are there to help them get a new job etc. They were in a quite ok mood bc they got the announcement some time ago and it was bc the coy was shutting down its operations here..however, hv heard that emotions may run high in other coys where the announcments are sudden..
Realise that there's really quite a lot of unemployed or underemployed people and retrenchments around even though the economy is doing ok. Some couldn't get jobs bc of their skills, lack of English education etc.. so those of you with children, tell them to study hard ah... :P
I was also informed during a staff announcement recently that I would be seconded to our new Employment and Employability Institute (e2i) together with 25 other colleagues. My new role was to do events (similar to what I'm currently doing). Things are still very iffy as they are still scoping out our job scopes but I feel that they are quite messy here..and worse of all, they never ask u whether you ok to go or not one, just park you there..after that then ask for opinion..u decide already then ask me got use meh? Feel that I moving further and further away, the Redhill place is 4 more stations from Raffles Place and still hv walk about 10 mins from MRT station. Anyway, I shall see how it goes. Although I like helping people,if things get too messy here, I may still consider switching to something else..however, not so soon la..will give myself probably 1 year to try out this job.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment