Friday, March 28, 2008

May Day Model Worker Interview on 28 Mar 08

I got this email from my colleagues that each of us had to be in charge of interviewing nominees for the May Day Model worker (MDMW) and we were to arrange interview and write out the report within 3 days of their email! :P

The advice was to partner with 1 other colleague so that someone could take notes while you were doing the interview but as time was very tight and the nominee's time and location of their office were quite far from each other, in the end we had to spilt ways.

I ended up going to Changi Airport to interview Mr Sugu, a model worker nominated by CIAS. As all (if not most) of my friends know, I'm hopeless when it comes to directions and locating places so I got the HR to give me really precise instructions on how to get to their office (bc Changi airport is really big rite?). In the end, the office was quite easy to find after all with all the precise instructions. :)

I waited for a while before Mr Sugu got off his duty and sat in the office while people bustled around me printing reports of flights etc, really interesting experience. :) When the interview started, both the nominee and me were nervous but I just tried my best to chat with him and get whatever info I could(again, not an easy task for someone who doesn't like to speak with strangers haha..) In the end, I was lucky that Mr Sugu managed to open up and provide lots of interesting stories about himself.

End note: I managed to submit my interview report in time and am happy to declare that he did get the MDMW award together with 207 other workers. :)

No comments: