Thursday, June 12, 2008

Burning Factory at Woodlands

On the morning of 6 Jun, I woke up and came out from my room to smell a very strong scent in the air. Finding it perculiar, I just ignored it and prepared to go to work as usual. When I walked to the bus stop, I could still smell the strong scent drifting in the air. I also overheard an auntie at the bus stop commenting to her husband "got strawberry smell"..

It was only the next day when I saw the news that I found out that it was because a nearby factory producing essential oils was burnt down on Fri morning and all the water used to extinguish the fire mixed with the essential oils and flowed into the river behind my house - luckily no one was hurt in that fire. No wonder there was this funny smell in the air! In the end, the strong smell took very long to disperse..yucks..

The worst thing was, when I came back one night on 12 Jun, immediately after I came out from the cab, I could smell that yucky smell again! After seeing the news, I found that it was because some workers carrying salvage work at the very same factory, yes, they sparked off another fire again on that day. Aiyoh, really suah and careless to get your factory burnt twice within such a short time right? Anyway, I hope that they will manage to clear off all their stuff and not contaminate the river water anymore - quite a no. of poor fish were killed in the river. :(

Of course, I also pity the poor workers from the nearby factories in that district. If the stench was that bad from my house, how did it smell to those just working next to that factory? Aiyoh..

No comments: